You see the ENERGY STAR label on lots of products and appliances, but do you know what it really means?
An ENERGY STAR label tells you more than just the energy efficiency of a product. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issues stringent specifications for earning the ENERGY STAR label. Guiding principles include:
- Products must offer increased energy efficiency, performance, and features demanded by consumers.
- If a qualified product costs more than a less efficient one, consumers must be able to recoup their investment within a reasonable amount of time.
- Products must employ non-proprietary technologies in competitive manufacturing settings.
- Energy consumption must be clearly labeled on the product and verified through testing.
ENERGY STAR‘s goal is to reduce greenhouse gasses and pollutants caused by inefficient energy usage and to make it easy for consumers to identify those products that can save on energy bills.
ENERGY STAR also has a partner program for businesses and buildings that support their guidelines. Bulb Direct is an ENERGY STAR retail partner. That means that we have met these specifications, among others:
· We use ENERGY STAR marks on our products and the EPA has approved our usage of the ENERGY STAR logo.
· We provide the EPA with a full list of our products on a regular basis.
· We promote ENERGY STAR products and apply the ENERGY STAR label to qualifying products if the manufacturer did not do so.
So what does this mean for you? With Bulb Direct, you are assured that we will disclose energy efficiency information so you can make informed decisions about the products you purchase.
The next time you’re making product or appliance choices, look for the information you need to make a responsible choice—and choose ENERGY STAR!